So, you’re almost buying Riverside.fm and want to know a bit more before buying this video recording software?
You’ve come to the right place.
I understand there are so many choices and you want to choose one of them.
I was at your place when I was choosing the software as a podcaster and creator.
First off, let me tell you that you’re making the right choice. Riverside.fm is a leader in podcast recording software.
Second, before going further, let me do a TL;DR for busy readers.
Riverside FM Review – The Goods:
- You’ll have an amazing video (4K HD) and sound quality
- Live-calls (that was my favorite part) so you can have live audience + record it for later
- Ahead of other platforms: It has the most amount of creator-led features. I personally love streaming and mobile app
- They’re adding killer features – “Magic Editor” streamlines the multi-step process of recording, editing, and uploading. There’s also a new “Smart Speakerview” feature that automatically switches between speakers for video editing, while not switching for accidental noises like sneezing and coughing.
Riverside FM Review – The Bads:
- Uploading issue: If the guests’ internet isn’t good, it takes time to upload, and progressive upload gets very tricky.
- UX – It is a simple software but it took a while to get set up.
- Pricing could get expensive for heavy users.
Riverside.fm Review Main Features
I wanted to share that these are the must-have features for Video Podcasting Software and all of this software have such features.
- Video recording – Ability to record video interview or podcast
- Audio quality – Superior audio quality on local file than that of Zoom
- Guest invitation links – These platforms create unique links to invite guests
- Higher quality of audio and video (podcaster friendly) – Many podcasters use Zoom or Skype for this. These platforms have 4K HD resolution and better audio quality
- No installation – You don’t need to download any software
- Any device – All of them work with most of the devices
Riverside.fm Review (60-min free)
It’s a solid podcasting software for creators and brands together. They focus a lot on video and sound quality that look & sound amazing.
There’s a reason why I kept them as number one. It is because they have streaming embedded that no other tool has done it yet. It’s genuinely creator-friendly.
Moreover, they’re launching a mobile app (in beta) that makes them a leader in the video podcasting software market.
Riverside has been loved by big brands and Hilary Clinton. This is significant social proof that the video podcasting software really works.
What I love about Riverside.fm
- Audio quality: Riverside has great audio quality and they specially focus on it. You’ll even see an example on their homepage.
- Mobile app: As mentioned, you can Record HD audio/video from anywhere with our new iPhone app (hopefully android comes soon).
- Budget-friendly for creators but good for brands: Riverside package starts at $9/month and later focuses on Enterprise as well.
- Video and audio quality: Record locally uncompressed 48kHz WAV audio and 4K resolution video. The best part – the quality of the recording is not dependent on the internet connection.
- Double-ender audio feature: This means that your audio and guests’ audio will be recorded separately and locally rather than online.
- Back-ups: It automatically has a backup so you’re never afraid of losing your content.
- Live chat support: I love the fact that they have a chat widget so I can immediately get a response. Specially when recording isn’t working or there is an issue.
- Progressive upload: A progressive upload means that both audio and video are being uploaded in the background This means you don’t have to wait to hit “stop” and even if your anything crashes you can always have the video saved automatically.
- Live call-in audience: You can invite your fans in the live call to ask any question from the guest. How cool is that?
- Social streaming: This is the best feature so far. Streaming is super easy and you can stream to YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, and Twitch all at the same time. Great for creators to take advantage of all the mediums and promote the podcast.
What I don’t love about Riverside.fm
There are few things that I don’t love about Riverside.fm. It’s a clear winner in the video podcasting software market.
- Uploading issue: If the guests’ internet isn’t good, it takes time to upload, and progressive upload gets very tricky. You feel embarrassed to ask your guest to click on this link.
- UX – It is a simple software but it took a while to get set up. I believe the onboarding could be simpler.
Things I wish Riverside.fm had
As a podcaster and creator, I want more things out of podcasting software such as more podcasting-related features.
I wish they have or build:
- Analytics: I’d love to know how much I spoke and how much my guest spoke. Some analysis on my tone and there’s so much on audio analytics they could get on to.
- Automatic transcription: Either integrate or create transcripts so I don’t need to buy another tool for this.
- Calendar integrations: I want my calendar to be automatically integrated for my guest too. At least give an option to integrate with Gcal to keep a reminder. I don’t want to remind my guest manually.
- Thank you email: Thank you email for coming on the podcast automatically would be nice.
- Chat features for a live audience or hosts: I’d love to chat with my guest on the platform, not via email. If something goes wrong. I want to immediately tell my guest at least.
I’d still recommend Riverside.fm any day. It’s the best video podcasting software. If you’re looking for video podcasting software to up your content game.
Riverside makes it super easy to record a video in HD quality compared to zooms and other tools.
You’ll be able to see in this picture below the picture quality.
This picture is taken from main Riverside FM Youtube channel
You’ll be able to see live exactly your uploading so you can catch up.
It has an amazing studio-quality podcasting and video studio to make sure your guest experience is stellar.
Moreover, you’ll be able to see your video and audio recorded with backups locally in the dashboard.
In addition to that, it has a better guest and attendee experience than Zoom. Here are the reasons why you should switch from Zoom to Riverside.
Lastly, it has so many features and sometimes you’ll be able to discover as you go. So, I love the local separate tracks and internet back ups. But you’ll also see due to slow internet speed the video & audio with “etan” didn’t get fully uploaded so make sure the internet speed is good for your guest.
Hope this helps.
If you’re looking for Riverside.fm alternatives, do check out this blog.
Here’s a comparison for your ease of understanding and decision-making.
Good luck choosing one of them.