Loox is pretty great for small and medium-sized businesses for its customization options and security measure. Moreover, it is a decent pick for businesses generating around $1 million in annual revenue [Here’s my comprehensive take on Loox].
Table of Content:
- Loox’s Strengths & Weaknesses
- Best Loox Alternatives #1 – Okendo: For Authentic and Visually Appealing Reviews
- Best Loox Alternatives #2 – Stamped: Best for Enterprise-Grade Businesses Looking for Custom Solutions
- Best Loox Alternatives #3 – Judge.me: The Most Cost-Effective Solution for Small and Medium Businesses
- Best Loox Alternatives #4 – Ryviu: Best for Importing Reviews Only
However, it is not perfect. The platform can also be a bit buggy at times, causing the app to malfunction when putting star ratings next to the product title.
More importantly, there are alternatives in the market with better value for money that offer Loox’s features at a more affordable price.
TL;DR: Feel free to scroll all the way down to read what I think would be the best fit for your business, depending on your needs.
So, if you are looking to move away from Loox, you have come to the right place. In today’s article, I use my experience as a Head of Growth for the Shopify Ecosystem to guide you through some of my favorite Loox alternatives. But first, let us look at some of the strengths and weaknesses of Loox.
Full transparency time: I may get some commission if you click on these links but it won’t cost you anything. Also, these tools have not paid me to write this review. I use it every day and I support some of these projects regardless.
- It is one of the very few apps in the market to focus strongly on security. Features such as anti-theft protection ensure that your reviews are protected and displayed only on domains and shops that you approve of. This feature is available on all the packages.
- Loox is very easy to use and can be set up easily. If you’re migrating from another app, it offers onboarding support that can make adjusting to a new tool very easy.
- You can also import product reviews from other websites, such as Alibaba.
- My main problem with Loox is that it looks sometimes “cheap review” on your website (authentic but low quality — Sorry Loox folks)
- It is a Shopify exclusive. If you’re on other e-commerce sites, you should look for other alternatives.
- Compared to Loox, all the alternatives have more integrations available.
- You can’t display video reviews unless you’ve subscribed to the Growth package.
- The review themes do not look that good.
- Its user experience could be better.
Best Loox Alternatives #1 – Okendo: For Authentic and Visually Appealing Reviews
Okendo is a premium customer-marketing software exclusive to Shopify founded in 2017. It focuses strongly on user-generated content (UGC), allowing users to share photos and video reviews. This creates a better community for the product and strengthens the authenticity of the reviews.
Okendo is a one-stop solution for businesses looking to get the best from their review software. You can send automated requests in multiple steps to increase the likelihood of getting reviews. Moreover, you can give out coupons, loyalty points, and various discounts as an incentive to encourage reviews by shoppers.
It can be integrated across more than 30 apps, including Facebook, Aftership, attentive, Google products, Gorgias, Klaviyo, Omnisend, and Zendesk. If you sign up for the custom package, you can also get customer integrations.
You can also add tags such as verified buyers and age ranges to improve the authenticity of the reviews.
Okendo’s reviews are visually pleasing. I personally love how beautiful Okendo is, as opposed to Loox, whose reviews are not as aesthetically pretty.
- A 14-day free trial is available.
- You can get dedicated support from success managers and developers in some packages.
- It is highly customizable.
- It allows you to create customer profiles. You can get insights about your most loyal shoppers, who can be prioritized and targeted for future campaigns.
- It is only available on Shopify. If you’re on another platform, you have to look for another software.
- A free version is not available.
- You can not import reviews.
- Dedicated support is only available once you sign up for the $299 package, which is quite the price tag.
Okendo offers five packages, including a custom plan for enterprise-grade businesses.
The Essential package starts from $29 per month for 500 orders. It contains basic features such as review requests via emails, review displays, a rewards engine, and the option to upload photo/video reviews.
The Growth package offers email sequences that allow you to send multi-step review reminders to your customers. You can capture structured customer data within the reviews using attribute ratings. You can also set up a Q&A section for your shop, allowing you a scope to address customers’ confusion.
Their most popular Power package starts at a staggering $300 per month for 5,000 orders. This plan lets your customers filter review displays by customer attributes. You get access to a dedicated success manager, advanced reporting, full customizations, integration with Klaviyo, and sentiment analysis by machine learning.
Lastly, the advanced package starts at $499 per month for 20,000 orders. Here, you get access to the API, support for different languages, Bazaarvoice Integration, and dedicated developer support.
Best Suited For
Okendo’s price tags and features make it a poor choice for small and medium-sized businesses. If your business is not very large, you’ll find better value for your money elsewhere.
However, a large business with a high budget can find Okendo to suit their needs, especially with the dedicated support they can get from the Power package and onwards.
Best Loox Alternatives #2 – Stamped: Best for Enterprise-Grade Businesses Looking for Custom Solutions
Founded in 2016, Stamped is a multi-channel eCommerce marketing automation platform designed to improve customer acquisition and retention. It offers reviews, ratings, loyalties, and rewards programs.
Stamped focuses on compliance and data security, so it is GDPR compliant. It makes review generation easy, and you can collect, manage, and analyze reviews quickly and highlight the best ones. It also comes with SEO rankings that can improve your search results.
Social media widgets allow you to share your reviews over there quickly. It features smart social banners to improve your store’s visuals. Users can create a showcase gallery where they highlight the best photo or video reviews by your customers.
Stamp emphasizes customer loyalty and engagement. You can create point-based campaigns that can motivate your customers to shop repeatedly. You get to design referral programs that help incentivize customers to market your brand to their communities across email, SMS, social media, and more.
It also features numerous integrations across various eCommerce platforms and apps like Shopify, Shopify Plus, Shogun, BigCommerce, WooCommerce, Magento, and Ecwid. Moreover, you can combine Stamped.io with other apps such as Facebook, Instagram, Klaviyo, Drip, Gorgias, HelpScout, etc.
- NPS (Net Promoter Score) feature helps you analyze feedback. It is an indicator of how likely your products/services will be recommended by your customers to their peers on a scale from 0 to 10.
- VIP Programs allow you to distinguish your top customers for whom you can create exciting VIP tiers and perks that improve brand loyalty.
- Video reviews are available from the Business package.
- No free version is available.
- Very expensive compared to alternative options.
Stamped offers ‘Reviews and Ratings’ and ‘Loyalty and Rewards’ as separate tools. They have seven standard packages, including the ‘Full Suite’ options.
Reviews & Ratings start at $23 per month for 200 orders. In the basic feature, you get access to photo reviews only. But you unlock video reviews in the Business plan, where you also get reviews for 1,500 orders per month. It comes with improved SEO and a Q/A section.
The Professional plan includes 3,500 orders, AI-powered review analytics, and Ads Center, but it comes with a hefty price tag of $299 per month. The Enterprise plan features access to a team of implementation specialists who help the users get on board with their deep technical knowledge.
The business plan starts from $149 per month. Its primary benefit is the increased capacity to 1500 orders per month. Besides, there are additional features.
The professional package starts from $479 per month. It includes up to 3,500 orders, VIP programs, HTML Editor for the email templates, and a Custom Sender Domain.
All the plans allow you to connect with other Stamped apps. As you upgrade, the number of connections you can make increases.
Lastly, the two tools come together in this package with three options. The business and the professional plan come at $229 and $659 per month.
Best Suited For
Stamped.io can suit eCommerce businesses of all sizes if they can overcome the price tag. Their true strength, however, lies in their Enterprise package.
This package gives you a lot of added features such as full customizations, access to more data, AI-powered assists and analysis, and even Google Partnerships. If you run a substantial business, Stamped.io is the right choice.
Best Loox Alternatives #3 – Judge.me: The Most Cost-Effective Solution for Small and Medium Businesses
Judge.me is one of the more popular apps on Shopify. It is the only app on this list that lets you have unlimited reviews for free.
This software has been around since 2015. It features automatic review generation, share widgets for social media sites, rich snippets for marketing and SEO growth, photos and video reviews, and display reviews from any corner of your store.
It can also be integrated across 70 apps, including three eCommerce platforms: Shopify, WooCommerce, and BigCommerce. Other supported apps are Aftership, Shoelace, Omnisend, SEO Booster, Slack, and Zapier.
- Customizable Review Themes
- Review Dashboards and Widgets
- Automated Email Requests
- Automated SMS Requests
- Customizable Email Templates
- Spam Dashboards
- Judge.me is extremely easy to set up.
- Review Carousel allows you to reward reviews using medals. These can be displayed, which improves review quality.
- It provides excellent customer support.
- You can send review requests through SMS.
- It has many features, so getting used to it can be tricky.
- There is a watermark unless you opt for the paid package.
- Not a lot of customization options are available. This makes the visuals look poor.
- The user interface is not friendly.
Judge.me has two pricing plans. The Forever Free package is entirely free, and the Awesome package comes at $15 per month. It excels at providing many features that competitors do not give out for free, especially providing you with unlimited reviews.
It contains all other basic features such as multimedia reviews (reviews through photos and videos), reports, installation and onboarding support, and even multi-language features. It also contains the watermark and limited integration.
The Awesome package grants you access to various coupons, custom forms, a Q/A section, and many other features.
Best Suited For
Judge.Me is best suited for all sorts and sizes of business. The Awesome package offers excellent value for small to mid-sized companies.
Best Loox Alternatives #4 – Ryviu: Best for Importing Reviews Only
Ryviu was founded in 2016. It is not a traditional review software like the ones mentioned above and is mostly a review importing software. It allows you to take reviews from online marketplaces such as Amazon and Alibaba and paste them over on your shop.
You can edit the imported reviews, changing the country, title, and even content. This feature is handy if you’ve created a new store or a product line and want to jumpstart your sales by showing reviews.
Currently, it supports Shopify, WooCommerce, and PrestaShop. Moreover, it integrates with AVA Email Marketing, Pagefly, LayoutHub, BoostCommerce, Popify, and Gembuilder.
- Review Displays
- Import Reviews
- Q/A Section
- Automated Email Requests
- It is available in various packages, giving options for different businesses.
- It has a free version.
- No watermarks on any package.
- You can import and post reviews from multiple websites. The availability of such sources depends on the package you’re on.
- Numerous resources are available that can guide you.
- It can be pretty challenging to set up and use. You’ll need to spend time going through resources and videos to learn all aspects of the tool.
- It does not offer a lot of integrations. If you’re trying to combine this app with others, you’re likely to face bugs.
- You can only import reviews from Alibaba using the free version.
- Imports are limited until you switch to the unlimited package.
Ryviu comes with four versions: Free, Basic, Advanced, and Unlimited. The paid plan starts from $6.99, and if you opt annually, you get 25% off.
The free package features a product reviews widget, no brand logo, app integration, and an import review tool (you can only import from Alibaba in this package). It is limited to only 20 reviews for every 50 products.
The Basic plan allows you to import from other sources, such as Amazon and CSV files. Besides, you can add a “Featured Reviews” section, Q/A widget, and send review requests via emails. The import limitation increases to 200 reviews for every 400 products.
The Advanced plan allows you to import 500 reviews from every 1000 products. Moreover, it will enable you to import reviews from Etsy and Dhgate. This plan contains all the features, and the upgrade to Unlimited allows you to enjoy limitless imports.
Best Suited For
Ryviu is very affordable, so it can be purchased and used by all sizes of businesses. But it works best for small to medium-sized business stores.
It primarily aims to import reviews, so it can be a great tool if you’ve just launched your business. Large businesses won’t find any features of Ryviu practical unless they rely on importing reviews from other websites.
Now you know the 4 best Loox alternatives available in the market. Each software mentioned in the article has its own specialties. Okendo and Judge.me are the most versatile and comprehensive tools currently available. Okendo focuses on delivering value and a beautiful UX experience, while Judge.me provides a very affordable option for eCommerce reviews.
If you’re a business relying heavily on importing numerous reviews over countless products and do not focus much on the visuals of your review, you’ll find Ryviu suitable.
Enterprise-grade businesses who can afford a premium eCommerce review and rewards platform will find Stamped to be the best.
Judge.me and Ryviu are great for businesses earning up to $1 million in revenue, especially drop shippers.
To conclude, all the software listed above has earned popularity among numerous users. If you find any of these tools filling the gap that Loox couldn’t fill, you should try out their demos and quickly switch to the software that works right for you.