Craig Zingerline (Head of Product) at Sandboxx was met with a challenge. That is COVID-19.
He had amazing Q1 growth in 2020.
Then, at some point, the business was about to die.
Revenues dropping. Cancellations.
They had all the challenges one could think of during COVID-19. You name it.
Then, they re-iterated their product and opened a new business line by solving an existing problem of their audience.
They started growing again.
It’s a long emotional story on how they helped military recruits to stay connected with their family when everything stopped working.
Watch his Youtube Video 👇
In this episode, we discussed:
- Why Craig hates growth hacking?
- How Craig fixed activation of upside when the users were not coming back?
- How to increase brand stickiness?
- Drive value instead of trying to make more money. Prioritize user experience
- How to NOT die during COVID but also expand new revenue
- How Craig tweaked his course with psychological principles to get 100K in revenue
2:06 – What are Craig’s thoughts on Growth Hacking and Why he also does not approve of it.
4:56 – How Upside.com was able to increase activation with non-active users?
14:44 – How Craig found & diagnosed the actual activation problem
18:38 – Craig’s thought experiments for growth
20:33 – How Craig was able to save a dying business that was highly impacted by COVID
32:36 – How he was able to get 6-figure course revenue by applying psychological principles and tweaking a few things.
Craig’s Growth University: https://growthminded.co/